Administrative body has permitted different kind of excursion activities inside the reserve with the objective of making tourists experience nature and wildlife closely which can help tourists understand its importance.
Excursion activities permitted in the reserve are:
• Wildlife Safari
o By vehicles registered with park management for tourism purpose (light motor vehicles), with the capacity to seat maximum 8 persons including the driver and guide (6 tourists + 1 Guide + 1 Driver)
o It is recommended to book your Gypsy safari online as about 70% of vehicles are booked online. Only few vehicles are booked at the current ticket counter while few vehicles are under park management.
• Elephant Safari
o For maximum 4 persons, as per the availability of elephants.
o Booked at the current ticket-counter.
• Photography/Filming/Vidoegraphy Permits
o Issued for one Cameraman, who is allowed to take maximum two assistants along with him.
• Entry Fee for Safari
Entry fee for Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve:
1. Full Vehicle Permit: Rs 1500/-
2. Single Seat Permit: Rs 250/-
• Above mentioned rates are only of entry permit. Guide and vehicle fee will be payable before the entry at the counter.
• Single seat permit holder tourist shall, in addition to the permit fee, have to pay for the hired vehicle and the guide, at the time of entry inside the park. The total hire charges for the guide and safari vehicle will be distributed equally among the tourists present in the vehicle and payable at the time of entry.
• For children aged between 5-12 years single seat fee shall be half of the single seat fee mentioned above and a seat shall be provided to them in the safari vehicle. Children below 5 years of age shall be entitled for free entry and they shall share the seat occupied by their parents.
For information on number of vehicle allowed in each zone in each of the rounds (morning or evening) please check the page “Safari Zones”.
• Elephant Safari (Joy Ride)
Subject to availability of elephants, tourists can go for elephant safari on a pre-decided route which has been marked by management.
The ride will be for half an hour for which per person fee will be Rs. 1000/-. Children upto the age of 5 years can accompany along with their parents/guardians and no fee shall be charged for them. Fee for a child between the age of 5-12 year will be half of the per person fee i.e. Rs. 500/- , however it will be considered as a full seat. Maximum of four persons are allowed on a elephant, excluding the Mahout.
Permission for special Photography/Filming/Videography in the reserve shall be given by the Field Director in the name of Cameraman.
Cameraman means a person on whose name the permission is issued. At most two persons can be permitted with him to assist him for this purpose, but they will not have permission to do photography/videography.
Fee shall be as per the following Table:
• Photography/Filming/Vidoegraphy from Elephant: